Ancients.info - The Online Resource for Ancient Coins & Antiquities  

Go Back   Ancients.info - The Online Resource for Ancient Coins & Antiquities > General > Site Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Sidebar Off

Site Suggestions Suggestions for Ancients.info and our forums.

Old Jan 29, 2006, 09:30 PM   #1
cogito

View My Photo Gallery
PhotoPost PHP error message

Bill,

When I go to "Album Admin," it shows the available gallery albums I've created and each album has a couple of link options. When I click on the "sort photos" option for any particular album in my gallery, I get the following error message:

Warning: main(/var/www/html/gallery/templates/orderphotos.tmpl): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/gallery/orderphotos.php on line 165

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/gallery/templates/orderphotos.tmpl' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/gallery/orderphotos.php on line 165

Powered by: PhotoPost PHP 4.8.1
Copyright 2004 All Enthusiast, Inc.

I'm no programmer by any means, but it looks like maybe the PhotoPost PHP script is missing a directory identification line or something?

Also, while I'm thinking about it. Does the PhotoPost PHP software allow for albums within albums? As it stands it looks like you can only make top level albums within a gallery.

Cheers,
Jeff
cogito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 12:38 AM   #2
admin
Administrator

View My Photo Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to admin
Hi Jeff,

I'll have a look at the error. I also have the latest upgrade to install, which will fix a few things and add some nice new features.

Photopost does support additional levels, but I have it set to just one level now, to keep things simple. I will add an additional level. Do you think more are necessary?

Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:37 AM   #3
cogito

View My Photo Gallery
Two levels would be great, Bill. This way members could (if they choose to) organize their coins geographically. The top level would be the general geographic region (i.e., Asia Minor, Italy, Hispania, etc.), while the secondary level could be populated with albums more specific in province or region (e.g., Asia Minor Album, with sub-albums for Cilicia, Pamphylia, Lycia, etc.).

Alternatively, I could see where two album levels could be used to organize one's gallery by metal type and denomination (e.g., Bronzes Album, with sub-albums for unit types; or Silver Album, with sub-albums for fractional silver denominations.). Also, for those who collect more than one ancient coin type, they could have top level albums for the coin types (i.e., Roman, Greek, Greek Provincial, Sassanian, etc.), while the sub-level albums could then be organized by type, region, or denomination.

Cheers,
Jeff
cogito is offline   Reply With Quote