PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Hoard of Alexandrian tetradrachms in one piece 2.5KG!!!!

Salem
May 28, 2007, 10:57 PM
this is a really interesting Hoard, it is one piece not cleand and look cute.
I will sell it that way I guss, I just got tired of cleaning these Hoard of Billons, it is alot of work ;)
best regards
Salem

the Hoard is 1.750KG and not 2.5kg :)

4to2centophilia
May 29, 2007, 09:51 AM
this is a really interesting Hoard, it is one piece not cleand and look cute.
I will sell it that way I guss, I just got tired of cleaning these Hoard of Billons, it is alot of work ;)
best regards
Salem

This will probably be the one that has a rare aureus in the middle ;)

Salem
May 29, 2007, 02:05 PM
heheheh it might has 10 aureus unpublished, and one of them for Mark Antony on obv and Clepopatra and Caeasarion facing busts on rev in mint state :eek:

cogito
May 29, 2007, 03:12 PM
Very cool. I've often wondered what the hoards really look like before all the fancy cleaning. Was this found in the ground or sea?

Jeff

Salem
May 30, 2007, 12:13 AM
Hi Jeff
this Hoard was found in a wet ground next to the river.
it is cool but it is alot of work too, I will show soon another Hoard it will come to me withen days around 1400 late Roman coins and at least I know from the photo I got that they are cleanable, and they will take few houres, but this billon hoard probably will take few weeks and their will be many victims :D
regards
Salem

cogito
May 30, 2007, 08:08 AM
That's good to know. I've often suspected that the "chunky" uncleaned were from wet ground or some other moisture rich environment. The water must react over time with the metal to produce the thick concretions.

Jeff

Salem
May 30, 2007, 01:52 PM
all Hoards that come from wet areas are realy hard to clean, and I am trying not to buy from these Hoards, I have an offer every one to two weeks to buy a Hoard, and I pass at many of them especialy the bad bronzes, and they end up selling them in lots which is good for me since my supplier will pick the nicest coins.
I will show you the Hoard that I will get probably in few days befor cleaning and after cleaning, it is as I mention around 1400 coins LRB.
regards
Salem