PDA

View Full Version : RPC at Last!

electrum!
Apr 9, 2007, 12:26 PM
Just to report a milestone for me...
This past week I finally convinced myself to lay out the dollars and purchase my own copy of Roman Provincial Coins, Vol. I (Augustus to Vitellius). Hopefully this will lessen my all too frequent questions here on this forum!

And to put a "plug" in for a very deserving, hard-working VCoins dealer, I bought my copy from Jerry Walker. His RPCs are the best-priced and his service and shipping are first rate. Also it was Jerry who carried the book of St. Paul's Travels that got me onto this focus in the first place. It seemed appropriate to buy my RPC from him too :)

I am most curious to see what RPC is like. I have never seen a copy nor read much about the volumes. I will also be eating peanut butter for the foreseeable future!

Cheers, Breck

4to2centophilia
Apr 9, 2007, 01:14 PM
Just to report a milestone for me...
This past week I finally convinced myself to lay out the dollars and purchase my own copy of Roman Provincial Coins, Vol. I (Augustus to Vitellius). Hopefully this will lessen my all too frequent questions here on this forum!

And to put a "plug" in for a very deserving, hard-working VCoins dealer, I bought my copy from Jerry Walker. His RPCs are the best-priced and his service and shipping are first rate. Also it was Jerry who carried the book of St. Paul's Travels that got me onto this focus in the first place. It seemed appropriate to buy my RPC from him too :)

I am most curious to see what RPC is like. I have never seen a copy nor read much about the volumes. I will also be eating peanut butter for the foreseeable future!

Cheers, Breck

Congratulations. Books help fill the void when you can't buy ten coins a week. Although they may fan the flames when you see coins you decide you "must have.

btw Raman noodles fill the belly and don't empty the wallet. It's a staple diet of poor grad students the world over. High in cholesterol though.....:(

electrum!
Apr 9, 2007, 10:18 PM
Hahaha! Well said on all accounts.
Right, not only peanut butter for a while but no coins! Darn!